Friday, May 28, 2010

Hey Everbody! Thank you so much for even thinking of supporting me either with prayers and/or finances. As a Christian, I believe that God calls His children to share the gospel with the people that we are close to, with the people in our nation or state, and with the people all over the world. This summer, He is calling me to specifically go with GO NOW Missions to South Texas along the Rio Grande River and also either to Cuba, Venezuela, or Mexico. The trip will be from May 31st to July 3rd. The first 3 weeks I will spend along the river, and I get to choose one of the three places for the next two weeks. Please pray that God shows me where to go for those two weeks. In the Valley, I will work on a team of 17 other student missionaries by serving with community organizations, local churches, and hospitals. We will be helping people of all ages and leading Christian youth to do the same through Vacation Bible School, Youth rallies, various service projects, community block parties, and several other opportunities that God will open up.
I would love for you to take part in what God is going to do on this trip. Although He is calling me to go, please pray and see if He is calling you to support me. Because I do need $2,300 to go, I need your help in any way that you can, whether that means a minute of prayer or an amount of money. I will periodically send out prayer requests before and during the trip through this group and keep you posted on how God is providing for it, but for now please pray that Lord begins to prepare my heart and the heart of the people in South Texas that my group will interact with on this trip.
I am super excited to go! Not only do I get the chance to share the gospel with others, I also plan to be fluent in Spanish by the time the trip is over. Because God has given me the direction to work with people of the Latin American culture, I am excited that He has provided the chance for me to learn their language. If you have any questions regarding my trip, how you can support me, or simply if you want to talk about our amazing and gracious Savior Jesus Christ, PLEASE message me.
If you would like to find out more about GO NOW here is there website www.gonowmissions.com.
If you would like to donate online, the website is http://www.gonowmissions.com/home/give-now.html. Simply fill in your information, click “Donation for a Student's Mission Trip”, enter my name in the blank, and enter the amount you are willing to donate. All donations are tax exempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment